Gas detection systems play a vital role in protecting working personnel in harsh environments, such as chemical plants, laboratory settings, industrial paint applications and wastewater facilities.
Because volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other toxic gases can produce major health effects, continuous VOC monitoring may be necessary to alert nearby workers if harmful concentrations are reached.
Falco is the latest generation of fixed VOC detectors that continuously detect a wide range of VOCs using patented photoionization detection (PID) technology, providing ultimate flexibility and cutting-edge performance, minimizing drift and downtime in the field. Designed with typhoon technology for extreme weather conditions and condensing atmospheres, Falco offers reliability, accuracy, and maximum protection to the end user.
Falco has an externally located Intrinsically Safe sensor for quick and easy servicing without the need for a hot work permit. Dual certification allows the instruments to be serviced and calibrated in a hazardous environment, without having to remove power.
Simple to operate, the Falco fixed VOC detector has a high contrast OLED screen and an intuitive graphical user interface–ensuring installation and servicing are both quick and easy. A multi-colored LED status display and bright status indicator (RED, AMBER and GREEN) can be seen from a distance of twenty meters in sunlight, ensuring hazards are alerted efficiently.
Other key features of the Falco include:
- Fitted with a long-life lamp for two years continuous use
- Four detection ranges available
- Selectable response factor for varying VOC selection
- Pumped or diffused models available
- Intrinsically Safe photoionization sensor with 10.6 eV lamp
- RS-485 Modbus, 4-20 mA and Relay outputs standard
- Configurable Relay outputs for high or low alarms, fault conditions or test cycle synchronization
- Ex d approved